Hello, This used to be one of my go-to meals.
It’s chicken Supernoodles in a runny-ish sauce with halved cherry tomatoes and slabs of cheddar wodged on top.
This is hot tuna nicoise salad BC – before cooking.
This is what I did (for two people. Double ingredients for four. This might be obvious to you, but if you’re like me, it’s not):
1) I roasted a red and yellow pepper in the oven for an hour on 200, left them to cool for 20 mins, then peeled them. Bit messy but I didn’t care, I’d cooked something. Once peeled, I ripped the peppers into rough strips, as per Gwynnie’s instructions.
2) I washed, chopped the ends off, and steamed a big old handful of green beans for four mins.
3) I chopped a load of cherry tomatoes in half. I was supposed to chop some little black olives in half too, but I forgot to buy them in Sainsbury’s.
4) Oh, I preheated the oven to about 200 degrees (is it degrees?)
5) Next, I put the peppers, the steamed beans, the cherry toms – and 12 anchovies from a tin – in a baking tray, with lots of ripped-up basil leaves. And squeezed lemon over it all.
6) I poured three tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (four tbsp for four people!) over the lot and scrunched the toms with my hands, because Gwyneth told me to.
7)Then I nestled two tuna steaks inside the lot, poured a little extra virg on them and rubbed them with a bit of sea salt and black pepper.
8) Then I took two eggs, I kid you not, and cracked them perfectly into two ramekins. This was the first time I’d ever cracked an egg. I Youtubed ‘cracking an egg’ beforehand and it ruddy well did the trick. I then drizzled, yup, a smidgeon of oil into the ramekins and popped in a touch of salt and pepper.
9) Then as per Ms Paltrow’s recommendations, I shoved it all in the oven for 12 mins.
Perhaps I left it in a little longer than that… It was really tasty but the egg wasn’t very runny and the tuna was a little less than tender. The juice from the anchovies, toms, oil, and lemon was really nice – but when I make it again, I will reduce my anchovy tally by six (I forgot I was only making this for two). Either that or get an intravenous water drip inserted for the next few hours.